Re: x documentation

   Just about every setting under XF86Setup.. It has been a real pain
before and I finally gave up and perchased an ATI RAGE, now I own the
voodoo300 (killer card!) but this box is a starter box for a friend
who will love linux since it is a command line OS and stable. Yes, I really
would personally like to read and understand why x is what it is and how
to manually mangle it until it gives me what I need. What I am shooting for
is simple 800/600 res and either 8 or 16bpp.. The card is older isa, like
the 8900. the redhat installer gui is able to work on it out of the box etc.
So I know if I can get the correct XF86Config file working, it will work well
until he buys a new card/monitor of his own (it's my bench card/monitor).
I know it works well under windoz, but it's hell under x...

So, if you can point me to the doc that will give me a real understanding
of how x works and how to manipulate it to suit my needs, I would really
appreciate it.

tia

--

Jaye Inabnit, ARS ke6sls     e-mail: ke6sls@arrl.net
707-442-6579 h/m                     707-268-4074