Re: Boot DOS from hda0 with Lilo??? Howto??

On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 06:26:05PM -0500, DTi4565459@aol.com wrote:
> I guess I've gotten the mbr all messed up with System
> Commander, or else maybe laptop has caught virus.

What do you have on the disk?  I've never used a laptop so I don't know
how boot loaders react differently, if at all.  You can boot with a
Windows boot disk and run
fdisk /mbr
This should allow you to boot into Windows if it is on there.  At any
rate it should straiten out the boot sector.  Have you tried using lilo or
grub as a boot loader?
kent

--
I'd really love ta wana help ya Flanders but... Homer Simpson