Re: Forcing modem connection to 57600 bps

Jarkko Niemi wrote:

> After using my dial-up connecton with speed reporting I wanted to force
> my modem up to it's maximum speed. It works from windows side, so, it's
> just up to configuring it also to Linux. Windows doesn't help, there is
> just one box where to check as "[] use always this speed", no AT
> commands found there (was that really a suprise?).
>
> By the way it's internal ISA modem named
>   SupraExpress 56i SP Intl
>
> So, I went to look modem's AT manual and edited /etc/chatscripts/
> I added AT+MS= part just before number dialing.
> I don't know do I use wrong AT command, or are parameters wrong,
> anyway it calls, but not connect.
> By commenting that out, everything works like earlier - giving usually
> 48000 or 46667 connects.
>
> Any ideas where to look next?

<cut>

I have the same modem, and was told the the following would give me 56K mode

ATZ
AT&F0 L3 W2
AT+MS=12,1,300,56000,0,0,33600

However, since my phone lines are so crummy I have no idea wether or not the settings work.  My
connections usually range from 14.4 to 28.8 no matter what modem or setting I try. (Gawd I'll be glad
when I can get DSL).

 I'd like to know if the settings actually work above 33.6,  so if you try them I'd appreciate knowing
the result. :-)

John