Re: Stability of testing

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Bill Wohler wrote:

>  If the stability of stable is 10 and the stability of unstable is 1,
>  how would you rate the testing distribution? (This might be a useful
>  metric to post on the Debian site to help Debian users decide which
>  distribution is for them.)

5-7.  Packages may change daily, but have (some of the) bugs worked out.
Extremely bleeding edge software won't make it in to testing, because of
the requirements to move a package from unstable to testing include
usability on all architectures and some other things that imply letting it
cook a little longer.  If unstable is raw, and stable is well done, call
testing rare to medium rare.

--
Armageddon means never having to say you're sorry.