Re: Can't use X as root

To quote "Ray Percival" <squadboy@mail.sisna.com>,
# When I try to launch a X application as root it tells me the
# client can not connect to the server. It is a stock 2.2 X install
# does anyone have any thoughts on the subject? Thanks Ray

You can either:
a) As the user who started the X session, run 'xhost +localhost'. It is
very important that this is run by the user who started the session :)
b) Set the XAUTHORITY variable to /home/<user who started
session>/.Xauthority . For instance, 'set
XAUTHORITY=/home/<user>/.Xauthority; export XAUTHORITY'.

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)