Re: Dell OptiPlex GX110 and XFree86

aclark@asiaonline.net.au wrote:

> I'm having problems getting xfree86 to work with intels i810 graphics chipset, I've compiled the kernel with the agp module and can load it, but I can't figure out exactly what to put in the config file to get it all working.
>
> I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with doing this or if anyone knew where to find some more explicit documentation.

yes. if your using xfree86 3.3.6 get the xfree86 source, find the
agpgart module there
and use that when using xfree, then configure it with xf86config or
maybe XF86Setup,
been a while since i used 810. but i do remember that xfree86 3.3.6 only
worked with
1 version of agpart out of about 4 that i tried. and that ver is in the
xfree86
source tree.

nate

--