Re: Debian is safer than this ? I REALLY HOPE SO !

Hi,

I too, say it's nothing to do with the distribution, everything to do
with the administrator.

If you get bit by lprng, shame on you.  If you get bit by statd,
resign, that one's old. I had 50 machines trojaned with it when the
spoit first came out, but due to good IDS (a a co-worker in the office
that sunday writing a security paper :) all the network ports to these
machines were disabled before cracker boy retured to use any of the
backdoors.

Vigilance is the watch word.

-Jon