Re: cdrecord

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Benjamin Pharr wrote:

> I have an IDE CDRW drive that I want to be able to use in linux.  I have
> done "apt-get install cdrecord".  I have read the CD Writing HOWTO and I
> know I have to enable SCSI emulation, but can anyone who has done it in
> Debian tell me the easiest way?  Thanks!

Read the howto again.  See that script that's buried in the text.  It's most
of what you need to know.  First tell the kernel that it can't use the writer
as an ide cdrom using the append thing in lilo mentioned in previous mails.
Run lilo and reboot.  Now copy that script to a new file.  Make it executable
and run it.  Oooh look there's your cd writer.

Cheers,
dar