Re: "wall" popping up?

Ekkehard Kraemer <ekraemer@pluto.camelot.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running unstable and helix-gnome. Is there a tool out there which
> will pop up a dialog box when a "wall" message is coming along? Things
> like xconsole or a big panel applet are not what I'm looking for...

This is part of one of my /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ scripts (one long line)

#!/bin/sh

su - $PPPLOGNAME -c ' xmessage -center -timeout 3 -display 0:0 "Mailcheck beendet, PPP-Verbindung noch aktiv" '

> Or is it possible to have "wall" messages automatically being delivered
> as mail to some local user?

A shell script that takes the text as its argument should do (untestested).

> Thanks, Ekkehard

CU

--
Andre Berger                                [andre.berger@topmail.de]