From: Justin B Rye [mailto:jbr@datacash.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 2:24 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: SSH

Jason Holland wrote:
> incorrect. openssh is NOT licensed at all.  it includes ssh v1, ssh v2 and
> sftp-server.

What you're trying to say is that it isn't *restrictively* licensed.

(If a piece of software isn't licensed at all - if, say, there turns
out to be a crippling flaw in its legal verbiage - that doesn't mean
anybody can rip it off without comeback; it means that nobody is
entitled to use it.  I know what you mean; but it's a point worth
keeping clear.)
--
Justin B Rye - writing from but not for Datacash Ltd