Re: Matrox + XF4 + 2.4

Hall Stevenson wrote:

I have been trying to help my brother set up his new
Matrox G450 under debian GNU/Linux.  It is their

That error message is telling you the problem is with your monitor,
*not* the video card. Get the sync and refresh rates for your *exact*
monitor, either from the monitor's manual or the manufacturer's website.

For the G450 it will do that if you use the mga driver included in X. Get the new driver from Matrox's web page. The instructions included will explain how to set it up.