Re: Is there any way to prevent a package from upgrading?

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 01:07:39PM +0100, Bostjan Muller wrote:
> * On 16-01-01 at 07:28 kmself@ix.netcom.com (kmself@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> > See the Debian FAQ.
> >
> >    $ echo "<packagename> hold" | dpgk --set-selections
> >
> > Cheers.
> Is there a way to do this with apt-get (I do apt-get -u
> upgrade, but don't want to upgrade a specific package(s))?

my understanding is (watch me get corrected) that
APT is a nice interface to the DPKG concept, or
that APT evolved out of DPKG and that they each
depend on the same settings and so forth.

you tell APT smoething, DPKG knows it. and vice versa.

[ i think. ]

--
See, if you were allowed to keep the money, you wouldn't
create jobs with it. You'd throw it in the bushes or

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

your experience could help save next week's newbies!
http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc