Re: cdrecord problems

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:11:12 EST, Mike writes:
>Yes, I did indeed have conflicts between the IDE CDROM support and the SCSI
>emulation.  Took me quite some time to get it sorted out.  Ah, here we go.=
>=20
>Found it.  From the help blurb in the SCSI emulation section of make
>menuconfig:
>
>If both this SCSI emulation and native ATAPI support are compiled into the
>kernel, the native support will be used.
>
>So, take out the built-in IDE CDROM support and all will be well.

Which, of course, also means that you have to have a "hdX=ide-scsi" for
 each and every IDE-cdrom, because without IDE-cdrom-support you would
 otherwise not be able to use it (I´ve shoot myself in the foot with
 this once ;) )...

>> Here's his problem:

>> Should just be "hdd=scsi".  Search for "=scsi" in
>> linux/Documentation/Configure.help for more info.

I found an old working lilo-config in a backup, where it reads

append="ether=5,0x360,eth1 hda=49585,16,63 hdb=ide-scsi hdc=ide-scsi"

hth,
&rw
--
/  Ing. Robert Waldner  | Network Engineer | T: +43 1 89933  F: x533 \
\ <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> |    KPNQwest/AT   | Diefenbachg. 35, A-1150 /