Re: AAARGH - Re: cdrecord

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:37:54 +1100, John Griffiths writes:
>I've been reading this with a lot of interest as i'm a bout to receive a nice
>new AOpen ATAPI CD-RW.
>
>there seems to be conflicting info going around. Can SCSI emulation be done wi
>th modules or does it require a re-compile?

Well, at least with my stock 2.0.38 (or was it .36, I don´t know)
 kernel it required compiling a custom kernel. I can´t look at a
 2.2 stock kernel, ´cause I run a custom 2.0.38 here and custom 2.2´s
 on my other machines...

That´s why I wrote:

---
Don´t take my opinions in any form offensive, they´re not meant that
way, but please don´t flame me if that´s all not longer true (I set it
up with a 2.0.x-kernel and a then-recent cdrecord, so there may have
been changes since).
---

YMMV,
&rw
--
/  Ing. Robert Waldner  | Network Engineer | T: +43 1 89933  F: x533 \
\ <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> |    KPNQwest/AT   | Diefenbachg. 35, A-1150 /