Re: IMAP MUA and filtering

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 10:59:48PM +0000, matthew@sackman.co.uk wrote:

| Could anyone reccomment a good MUA with good support for IMAP and
| filtering of incomming mail. I'm assuming one can't use procmail to
| filter mail as it won't work in a IMAPd (I think!), so which MUAs are

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I'll offer some info anyways.

| there out there that both support IMAP and filtering?

Mutt can work with IMAP servers, but doesn't do filtering.  I use
fetchmail to get my stuff from the IMAP (also works with POP) server
and then use procmail to filter it into folders.  I then use mutt to
read the mail.  (Mutt also has great mailing list support)

At work I use mutt with cygwin on an NT 4.0 machine.  It connects to
the POP server and gets the mail (but I don't do any filtering on that
system)

-D