Re: Setting console keybindings

%% mark@foresthaven.com writes:

  m> Once you have built the keymap file that you want, store it in
  m> /etc/console-tools/default.kmap.gz. It will then get loaded at boot
  m> time and will not be disturbed by package updates.

OK.

But, it still seems to me that if I rerun kbdconfig or whatever it will
copy a new keymap and overwrite my current default.kmap.gz.  Right?
Sure, probably it'll ask me first, then I can go back and do that same
modification to the new keysym file.

It's sure a shame that there's no way to include extra, user-specifiable
settings that don't require modification of standard files; say you
create a /etc/console-tools/user.kmap file and the toolset automatically
appends the contents of that file to the default keymap when it builds
it, or something.

Thanks.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools