From: Casey Webster [mailto:casey@trifocus.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 7:07 PM
To: brian moore
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: [OT] two domains and one ip / apache [ css weirdness ]

> > [Tue Jan 16 17:36:29 2001] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Filename is not
valid:
> > /:/htdocs/site/./default.htm.meta
>
> Why the goofy filename?
>
> What is trying to fetch a file named:
>      /:/htdocs/site/./default.htm.meta
>
> (Hint -- the first two characters most likely don't belong there --
> apache didn't just pull them from it's butt: you supplied them either in
> the config or the HTML.  Blaming Apache for things you provide it is
> stupid.)

/:/ points to the root of your current DCE Cell in a DFS/AFS system
(/.../dce.cell.name/fs/) and would make sense if thier web documents
reside on AFS/DFS.  I understand you prob werent aware of this, but your
email had a noticable fammatory tone to it so i thought i'd make you
aware.  Your peers on this list generally do not have a hard time
remaining polite.

-Casey