Re: New installation, old machine, no luck

Hi,

how does the computer respond when you disconnect the ide disk and install
everything on the first partition of the first scsi disk? If that works,
go from there and adapt your install one by one.

Or try first to build a new kernel, try 2.4. Perhaps the error is
there. In Debian, you can find the config file used for the standard
kernel in /boot.

Hope this solves the problem,
Sebastiaan