Unkown errors: inter alia "lockdsvc: Connection refused"

I have problems with my postgresql database (pg_dump failing) and
trying to find what is going on I did a telinit 1 and Control-D
restart which resulted in the following error messages:
----------------
Starting NFS common utilities: statd lockdlockd_up: no pid, 2 users??
portmap: RPC call returned error 111
RPC: task of released request still queued!
RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
portmap: RPC call returned error 111
RPC: task of released request still queued!
RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
lockd_up: makesock failed, error=-111
portmap: RPC call returned error 111
RPC: task of released request still queued!
RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
lockdsvc: Connection refused

I have no idea what it means and no I wonder whether this can be the
cause of my postgresql-problems.

Johann

--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 082 782 0336
     "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the