RE: X development packages broken in woody?

Uggh, they removed X4 from Woody? I'm not sure I like this testing
distribution thing. If I'm pointing at woody the whole time (which I
have), I don't expect packages to be rolled back unless something is
really wrong. So now that X has been removed from Woody, I must either
roll back to X3 also, or get my X stuff from unstable. I don't want to
move to unstable completely, as this workstation cannot afford any
downtime. Is there any way to see which packages have been rolled back in
Woody (I guess they're listed as obsolete in dselect)? Is there any way to
automatically downgrade all the packages which have been rolled back? What
was wrong with the old way of unstable->frozen->stable?

Thanks,

Gerry