Re: init / rc0.d

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 09:25:06AM -0600, Benjamin Pharr wrote:
> I got my ethernet card up and running.  Thanks!
>
> Previously I was running Slackware, so I'm used to the BSD style of init,
> however....
>
> Taking a look at the symlinks in rc0.d in appears that S35networking would
> be starting up the network.  Can anyone explain this to me?  Thanks!

There are several "runlevels". Which service is started in which
runlevel is done by symlinks. You don't do this by hand, there is a
command for it (don't know the name right now).

You can start a service like this:
#/etc/init.d/networking (start|stop|restart)

HTH.

--
Thomas Guettler
Office: <guettli@interface-business.de> www.interface-business.de