Re: Modules Not Loading

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 11:01:13PM -0600, Benjamin Pharr wrote:
> I have several modules in the /etc/modules file that are supposed to be
> loaded upon boot.  I receive an error message for each one saying that
> can't be loaded.  I know they were built and installed.  I have checked and
> they are in the right place.  I have tried to load them manually with
> insmod and depmod, but the modules still can't be found.  It's very likely
> I could be using the wrong syntax, but that doesn't solve the problem of
> them not being loaded on boot.  Can anyone help?

Have you just upgraded to the 2.4.0 kernel?  If so, you need to make sure
you have the latest modutils package as well, as the older version doesn't
recognize the 2.4.0 modules directory structure.

Kenward
--
It is not so very important for a person to learn facts.  For that he
doesn't really need a college education, for he can learn them from