Re: X Install and No Mouse

Well I'm not sure how well I'll go answering your question, but I'll try.

hammack [hammack@ridgenet.net] wrote:

> After initiating "startx" a window comes up with a menu.  I am not
> sure this is an X window or the window manager.  But the mouse
> cursor is not present and the mouse buttons are not effective.  At
> this point I don't think the screen is frozen because initially
> "enlightenment" scrawls in the center of the screen.  The mouse is a
> kensington track ball.  If necessay I would get another pointing
> device.  But it was working under an OLD ver of Slackware.  It is
> installed under windows as a PS/2.  I > my startx into a log to
> capture it.  If you need it and the login file I can provide both.
> Thanks for any suggestions.  Specifications and more below:

It sounds like X is not configured for your mouse properly.

How did you generate your XF86Config file?  What does it specify your
mouse as?  It sounds like it should be specified as a PS/2.  Why don't
you post the XF86Config file to this list?

Have you got gpm working okay?

Cheers,

Mark.

--