Re: Creating a bootable CD from online files!!

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 11:09:13AM -0500, seg wrote:
> Files I have gotten from the FTP site:
>
>  -base2_2.tgz
>  -loadlin.exe
>  -entire compact directory (drivers.tgz, install.bat, kernel-config and linux)
>  -entire doc directory
>
>   I am pretty sure I have all the files needed to create a bootable CD-ROM which will allow me to install the compact version of the Debian distribution.
>  Now, I have read all the possible instruction files from the debian site and, yet, I still don't have a clue as to what my installation CD should "look like" (directories)!?!?!  Can anyone fill me in? Again I want to make a bootable CD-ROM that will install the compact version of the Debian distribution.

	I assume you want to create an iso image of the debian files and
then burn a bootable cd. If you have access to a linux box you should get
the Pseudo_Image_kit from cdimage.debian.org and follow the instructions in
the README file.
	Basically you get the file system and use rsync to make the iso
image.Then use cdrecord to burn your cd.
	If you want to burn a bootable cd from windows then you have to d/l
the iso image from a debian mirror and burn it.Not too long d/l if you have
a high speed connection.