Re: hp laserjet4plus

Quoting paul taylor <ptay1@bestweb.net>:

> I have a hp laserjet4plus. Setup seemed to recognize it but printcap
> only
> lists a generic printer. I need the printcap script for this printer
> or
> some way of getting back into setup or install to make this as my
> printer
> in debian.
> currently no lr or cr and if I use it to print from netscape the
> printer
> shoots out blank pages until it runs out of paper  or the kill command
> is
> given.
> I see it listed as a problem but I have never seen a an answer posted.
> thanks

Paul,

Here is the printcap I use for my Ethernet connected LaserJet 4Plus.

hp4|hplj4  :\
        :cm=HP LJ 4+  :\
        :ifhp=model=hp4plus  :\
        :lp=%P%9100  :\
        :if=/usr/lib/filters/ifhp  :\
        :of=/usr/lib/filters/ofhp  :\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/%P  :\
        :lf=log:\
        :af=acct  :\
        :mx=0:\
        :sf

My printing subsystem is using LPRng 3.6.12-1 and ifhp 3.3.10-3.  The :of line
may be the line for the crlf that could be missing from you setup.  (It has
been a long time since I have done much printer setups :)

-- Bill
C.R.E.A.M.  Dark Angel