Running fetchmail as daemon - mail goes to postmaster

I set up fetchmail to start as a daemon on boot, using a script Ross
Boylan sent to the list recently - it specifies /root/.fetchmailrc

I have put the correct .fetchmailrc into /root, but when I now look at
/var/log/exim/mainlog I see this:

2001-01-11 00:16:54 14GVQE-00007w-00 <=
bounce-debian-user=gsmh=gmx.net@lists.debian.org H=scgf (localhost)
[127.0.0.1] P=esmtp S=4036 id=2dGclD.A.kz.DpPX6@murphy
2001-01-11 00:16:54 14GVQE-00007w-00 => gsmh <postmaster@localhost>
D=localuser T=local_delivery

Although I do get the mail (because I have set postmaster to point to
myself as a user (gsmh) rather than root in /etc/aliases?) I don't think
it is right to send mail to postmaster@localhost. When I ran fetchmail
myself and used a .fetchmailrc in my home directory I saw this:

2001-01-10 07:39:41 14GFrB-0000yX-00 <=
bounce-debian-user=gsmh=gmx.net@lists.debian.org H=scgf (localhost)
[127.0.0.1] P=esmtp S=3106 id=fbtLC.A.CWE.f2_W6@murphy
2001-01-10 07:39:41 14GFrB-0000yX-00 => gsmh <gsmh@localhost> D=localuser
T=local_delivery

That looks much better.

I am using exim to distribute mail recieved by fetchmail. Should I move
.forward from /home/gsmh to /root as well?

Can anyone comment on these two log entries?

Many thanks.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Storm Linux 2000