Re: libcurses/libncurses problem

Christopher W Aiken <cwaiken@telerama.com> writes:
CWA> I had libcurses problems when I tried to compile an application
CWA> (pine 4.31 I think, can't remember).  What I had to do was:
CWA>
CWA> cd /lib
CWA> ln -sf libncurses.so.5.0 libncurses
CWA>
CWA> The compile/link was looking for "libncurses" and there was
CWA> none.  The symb link created by the above ln command worked.

Don't do that by hand.  Install the appropriate -dev package
(libncurses-dev, probably) instead; it should install the needed
header files, create that symbolic link, and possibly also install a
static library.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell