2.4.0 and NFS

	Hi!

I recently started using th 2.4.0 series of kernels: test11,
test12, prerelease and 2.4.0 on a woody system. With all of
them, as well as with 2.2.18, I have problems accessing our
SGI NFS server. 2.2.17 seems to work flawlessly.

Every now and then, usually when attempting an NFS write, the
operation would freeze and would stay frozen for about a minute
or two. Then everything would continue normally until the next
freeze. The kernel reports something like the following:

nfs: server XXXXXX not responding, still trying
nfs: task YYY can't get a request slot.
nfs: server XXXXXX OK

It does not seem to matter if I use NFS v2 or 3 or of I use
NFS compiled in or as a module.

Does anyone else have similar problems?

	feri.