Re: When was /dev/gpmdata put into use??

Carel Fellinger wrote:
> Maybe someone should have a look if this bug is already reported.
> So install libgpm-dev and do "apt-get -b source mc" and you should
> be in business again.
Thanks folks; for the tips & also for helping me figure out that the
problem was with mc and not gpm. I did recompile mc, mc-common, and gmc
with the result that all of the mouse protocols are now accepted and
things are back to normal.

As an aside: I hope that any changes/problems/opportunities of this
nature will be announced on the lists here as soon as they are verified.
I do not think of this as a bug, but it does have the same result if we
do not know how to cope with it.
--
We specialize in multi-processor computing systems!
John Foster