Re: When was /dev/gpmdata put into use??

Carel Fellinger wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 07:41:49PM -0500, David B . Harris wrote:
> > To quote Carel Fellinger <cfelling@iae.nl>,
> > # is to use "/dev/mouse" in XF86Setup and have "repeat_type=raw" in
> > # /etc/gpm.conf and to top this off make sure that /dev/mouse is linked
> > # to /dev/psaux. (look to my prior posts this week for more)
> >
> > I think he means that /dev/mouse should be linked to /dev/gpmdata .
>
> Arch; yes that's what I ment.
/dev/mouse is a link to /dev/gpmdata
I have selected /dev/gpmdata in Xf86Setup
I have selected /dev/psaux in gpm.conf

Now the mouse works in All X windows apps including anything run in an
xterm window.
It will still only cut and past in the console apps. This is an
improvement! Thanks.
Any other tips or ideas. I still would like to have full mouse control
in the console apps.. i.e. MC and some other curses based apps. I
repeat, it worked fine for 3 years before upgrading to Debian 2.2r2 and
changing to gdm as my Xwindow display manager. Since this was a complete
reinstall I really don't know where to look.
John