Re: Connection troubles

It is nice to have more than one DNS as the fall back,
but one is sufficient if it is working.

I setup my own gateway machine as DNS and working for all my
home LAN clients.  192.168.1.1 is the only one listed.

Also, his ping-by-name indicates DNS in action.

I use "ipchains -L -n" to check my 2.2 box.  I thought same command works
for 2.4 too. (Thogh uses different internal codes)

Good luck.

Osamu