Re: packages

"Antonio A. Lobato" <tom@splicenet.com.br> wrote:
>	If my sources.list has the single line "deb file:/win/ main" , does the
>dpkg find the
>deb files within directorys
>
>main/binary-i386/editors/
>main/binary-i386/x11/
>main/binary-i386/libs/

Yes, as long as the Packages.gz file in
/win/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz lists all those files with paths in
the Filename: fields that are correct relative to /win. That's all that
matters.

Incidentally, I still don't think 'deb file:/win/ main' is the
sources.list entry you want. Read the man page carefully. For reference,
the only file entry I have in sources.list is 'deb file:/usr/src/debian
unstable main non-free', which finds Packages.gz files in
/usr/src/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz and
/usr/src/debian/dists/unstable/non-free/binary-i386/Packages.gz. (So I
think one of the suggestions I gave you earlier was wrong - I forgot
about dists/ - but look in the bits of the man page that suggest using a
distribution ending with a slash, or else move your archive around to
match mine.