mid-install problem: after reboot inetd problem

I've tried to install Debian 2.2 from cd on two different machines (a
Cyrix 250 with 128mb ram and a p133 with 80mb ram) and I've got the same
problem both times.  After installing the base system (installing
kernel, choosing modules, configuring network, etc.) and the installer
says to reboot, after rebooting (either from hard drive or custom
floppy) the kernel starts up fine but then once INIT switches to
runlevel 2 then inetd tries to start up and I get the following:

/bin/sh: /sbin/termwrap:  No such file or directory
/bin/sh: exec: /sbin/termwrap:  cannot execute:  No such file or
directory
(i get that several times then)
INIT: Id 1 Respawning too fast:  Disabled for 5 minutes

 The boot-up never gets past this point so i'm not sure how to take care
of this problem and continue with the installation.

I'm still new to Linux, I've succesfully installed Redhat 6.2 and
Mandrake 7.1 but I wanted to try Debian and have hit this brick wall.
I've scoured mailing lists and web sites trying to find help on this but
with no luck.

Any help including just pointing me in the right direction will be
greatly appreciated.