Re: USB Trackball

On Sunday 07 January 2001 20:20, Jens Gecius wrote:
> Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net> writes:
> > > Put in /etc/X11/XF86Config:
> > >
> > > Section "Pointer"
> > >    Protocol        "ImPS/2"
> > >    Device          "/dev/input/mice"
> > >    ZAxisMapping 4 5
> > > EndSection
> > >
> > > I have the same model and I tested with 2.2.18 kernel and works
> > > OK (now I use it with the PS2 adapter)
> > >
> > > Dan Pomohaci
> >
> > I can't get this to work with my 2.2.17 kernel.  I'm downloading
> > the 2.2.18 deb as I type, but I wonder if I need to do anything
> > special as far as the kernel configuration goes.
>
> I haven't followed the thread, but do you have the USB modules loaded
> and USB support activated?
>
> I'm running the Logitech Cordless Trackman Wheel USB on 2.2.17 with
> the USB Backport and modules mousedev, hid and input (of course
> usbcore and usb-uhci, the latter depending on your usb-chipset).

Hi Jens,

I have it working now with a 2.2.18 kernel.   Made a couple of false
starts, rummaged around in the docs for a while -- you know, the usual
learning experience.  It would be so dull if it always worked the first
time.  Now I have just have to retrain my thumb. . .   :}

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr/zamm.html
    All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.