Re: apt-get doesn't like line 13 in /apt/sources.list

"Tibor D." <linux_ch@scientist.com> wrote:
>DTi4565459@aol.com wrote:
>> "Malformed" line 13
>>
>> It is:    deb file://sources/x11
>>
>> What is wrong?  What do I need to get apt-get update to work
>
>No, it should be:
>deb file:/sources/x11 ./
>
>And don't forget to make the "Packages" file in that directory (with
>dpkg-scanpackages) (supposed you have there some *.deb files only). I
>don't know what the "override"-file should do, but I do it this way:
>cd /sources/x11
>touch ov
>dpkg-scanpackages ./ ov > Packages

You also need to gzip the Packages files afterwards, or apt will fail
obscurely. I have a bug report open against dpkg-dev (#65839) asking
that the documentation mention this.

The override file is described in dpkg-scanpackages(8). Incidentally, if
you don't care, you can just use /dev/null as your override file.