Re: 2.4.0 and 3com 905c

> > > i've been using stock kernel 2.2.17 that came with potato.  it
> > > recognized my 3com nic (as 3com 3c905c) and works wonderfully.

3c905cx are broken in 2.4.0, but earlier models (such as my 3c905b PCI card)
work just fine.

A patch to fix the issue with the 3c905cx was sent to the linux-kernel list
yesterday and will be included in 2.4.1. You might try to fetch the patch
from the linux-kernel archives if you're in a hurry to try 2.4.0 out.

  Henrique Holschuh