netscape v4.76 libc problem

Hi all!
I need some advice. I am running Debian v2.2r2,
XFREE v3.3.6, I just installed Netscape v4.76.
The installation was successful. But when I try
to run netscape I get an error concerning libc.
The README says there is a known incompatibility
with Netscape and libc and to go to
http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/GCC to download
the appropriate libc.

I'm wondering if maybe I should just install an
earlier version of netscape? Or should I install
a new version of libc and if so, which one?

here is a screen print of my error message when I
try to run netscape:

========
xucaen@debian:/usr/local/netscape$ ls

LICENSE   XKeysymDB   libnullplugin-dynMotif.so
netscape-dynMotif  vreg    Netscape.ad
bookmark.htm  nethelp   plugins  README  java
netscape   registry

xucaen@debian:/usr/local/netscape$ ./netscape

./netscape: error in loading shared libraries:
libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

xucaen@debian:/usr/local/netscape$

========

I installed netscape as root using the ns-install
script that came with netscape.

thanks!!!

xucaen