Re: Ad blocking with Squid

#  - I don't want to run both Junkbuster and Squid because I would see
# this as wasteful.

I guess that's somewhat true. I have both of them running. JunkBuster
forwards its requests to squid(on port 3128), so that only the stuff
junkbuster lets through gets downloaded.

Some of my family members don't like Junkbuster, so they just use port
3128, bypassing it.

Ah well, that's just the way I've got it set up. I've got a fairly beefy
router(with 48M of RAM), but I also play all my MP3s on that
machine(decoded, raw audio sent to my desktop - I've got more bandwidth
on my 100Mbit network than I've got CPU power in my desktop), and do a
bunch of other things without any slowdown.

Dave