Re: GCC and EGCS

Raffaele Sandrini wrote:
> Does EGCS exist today? or is it included in GCC. Many software recomments
> to be compiled with egcs (???).

Like others have said already, gcc and egcs merged some time back.

> I have GCC 2.95.2 installed on my machine wich seems to be the latest
> version of GCC. The kernel doc tells me that i have to use GCC 2.72 (???)
> and only for secondary choice the latest GCC!

Last night I built kernel 2.4.0 using gcc 2.95.3 - no troubles so far.  Even
got everything working right on the first try.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.