Re: font-lock, xemacs, latex

:: Johann Spies writes:

> On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 03:19:51PM -0500, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
>>
>> Giulio Morgan wrote:

>> > don't know why this was necessary, I imagine it may be from
>> > trying to run both xemacs and fsf emacs.
>>
>> I don't think so.  They are both identical (and both a bit
>> outdated).

> One difference that I found was that xemacs does not like
> (global-font-lock-mode t)

> which emacs needs for proper font-locking.  My solution is to put it
> as the last line in .emacs

This has worked for me for a long time:

;; Set var. to know if we are running XEmacs
;;
(defvar gnu-emacs (string-match "GNU" emacs-version))
(defvar running-xemacs (string-match "XEmacs\\|Lucid" emacs-version))

;; Then use running-xemacs whenever you need to configure
;; stuff for Emacs/XEmacs differently

(cond ((not running-xemacs)
        code-for-emacs-only ))

(cond (running-xemacs
       code-for-xemacs-only ))

So I havee my (global-font-lock-mode t) line inside a
(cond (not running-xemacs) ... )

I think there was also a wy to use a .xemacs file, but I don't
remember if XEmacs will read it automatically or not.

J.

--
Jeronimo Pellegrini
Institute of Computing - Unicamp - Brazil