Re: font-lock, xemacs, latex

Giulio Morgan wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 10:06:49AM -0500, Giulio Morgan wrote:
>
> > At some point during upgrades, I have lost font-locking capability
> > for LaTeX

>                        Further investigation led me to add
>   (if window-system
>        (require 'font-latex))
> to my .emacs, and this seems to have solved the problem.

Right.  This is documented in font-latex.el itself.

> don't know why this was necessary, I imagine it may be from
> trying to run both xemacs and fsf emacs.

I don't think so.  They are both identical (and both a bit
outdated).

font-latex.el is a contributed file to auc-tex, and so auc-tex's
setup doesn't enable it by default.  I suppose it should be
better documented, and perhaps added to future versions of
tex-site.el (auc-tex's setup file) as a customizable item.

Would this have helped?  I figure 95% of users never go into the
Customize menu...

For the Debian auctex package, the current debconf support could
be supplemented to ask the user if font-latex and bib-cite should
be turned-on.

--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada