KDE 2.2

I'm running 2.2r2.  I downloaded the KDE deb's from sourceforge.  When I
try to install I get a failed instalation from libqt2.2 saying it needs a
newer version.	Well the libqt that I got was in the same directory from
sourceforge.  So I went to get the newest qt from troll's ftp site.  Just
my luck, no deb's.  I down loaded the tarball, but even though I set the
environment in the .profile under root it still won't install because it
can't find the path.  Does any one have, or can send me a link to the
newest qt in deb form, or at least tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Please email me directly,  My email server is down, so I'm using this one
temporarily.

Thanks

Wayne