buggy vesa framebuffer.

I was going to try LPP today so i patched the 2.2.18 kernel against that
and it worked perfect.
I compiled the kernel with vesa framebuffer and  edited lilo
to:

vga=0x301
append="console=/dev/tty2 CONSOLE=/dev/tty2"

It workes perfectly, the logo shows when i boot as it should do.
But when i for exempel, do an 'ls' in a dir with lots of things in it..
then
the framebuffer gets buggish.. (dont know how to write buggy in that form.)
Well, you know what i meen..!

At first.. ls prints out the things as it should.. but when the consol
starts to scroll, then its only the bottom of the screen that scrolls.
The top of the screen dont scroll at all.

I have had this problem before, and not just with the card (TNT2) i
have now.  The i740 i had before did the same thing in vesa framebuffer.

Do any one know how to fix this?
I realy like the lpp logo on startup, so i would like to have this
fixed soon.