Re: What is CORBA

>>>>> "MrHobbit420" == MrHobbit420  <MrHobbit420@aol.com> writes:

    MrHobbit420> I don't know how but all of a sudden there is a CORBA
    MrHobbit420> directory in my /etc directory.  and CORBA directory
    MrHobbit420> contains the X11 directory and the xservers
    MrHobbit420> directory.

    MrHobbit420>   whenever I try "startx" it is giving the error :
    MrHobbit420> /etc/X11/X is not executable. But the directory
    MrHobbit420> /etc/X11 is now nonexistent.

    MrHobbit420> I tried XF86config afresh, that also failed as it
    MrHobbit420> could n't find the directory .  where has this CORBA
    MrHobbit420> come from ?

It sounds like you or something else accidently moved your /etc/X11
directory to /etc/CORBA/X11.

If that is the case, then move it back again:

mv /etc/CORBA/X11 /etc/X11

Notes:

1. CORBA (or rather Orbit with implements CORBA) is for communication
between processes. It is used by Gnome packages. (this is a
deliberately simplified description).

2. you really should say what version of Debian you are using and/or the
versions of relevant packages...
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>