2.4 kernel rescue disk?

Now that kernel 2.4 is officially released, is there going to be a
kernel 2.4 based rescue disk produced?

I really need one with the ReiserFS support compiled in (ReiserFS
requires a patch).  My reason is that I am using LVM and ReiserFS ---
which means that if anything ever goes wrong, I won't be able to use a
2.2 based rescue disk to fix things up!

Is there any way I can create my own custom rescue disk?  Is there a
package for doing this?  Is there a HOWTO?

Thanks,

Mark.

--