Re: Best ways to secure POP/SMTP on server?

andreas palsson wrote:

> I am most worried about SMTP, in which there seems to be no(?) actual
> password-verification.

that i think is one of the best things about SMTP, no passwords
to sniff

> Does anyone have encountered a similar situation?
> Suggestions on what to do? What to read?

install sslwrap and ssl your pop3 daemon and firewall off
the pop3 service for all but localhost, force the clients
to use a pop3 client with ssl support or be nice and
turn on imap with ssl for clients that can't do pop3/ssl.

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336