Re: X window too big

>  In the default screen I got after installing debian2.2r2,
> the screen is huge. Actually it is just four times the
> size of my monitor screen and I have to move around
> the whole X screen using the mouse. So
> when I open a new window, I have to look around the
> other 3/4 of the screen to see where it opened.
> Any idea why this happened and how to rectify.

Edit your /etc/X11/XF86Config (possibly XF86Config-4) file. In the
'Section "Screen"' part, look for a line starting with "virtual" and put
a "#" in front of it. If your screen is really 4x bigger, the numbers
following "virtual" will be 4x the resolution that's noted in a line
above or below.

Good luck
Hall