Re: Parallel Printer Port Problem

G'Day !

Well at least the laptop now sees the printer ... that is probably the hard part.  I think you now have to read the Printing-HOWTO very carefully, and make sure your permissions are correct (always bite me in the past  ;-)

Are you able to print anythng on the printer (ASCII text perhaps) ?  Can you print as root ?  My HP Deskjet did the same thing for awhile, turned out it was problems with the /etc/printcap file.

Good luck.

cheers,
Jim Parker

Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more important than that !!!

"Jeffrey S. Coppock" <jcoppock@shastanets.com>

01/04/01 08:03 AM