Re: Kmail stopped working, "Unexpected response from POP3 server"

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 10:49:35AM -0500, Bart Szyszka wrote:
> > use fetchmail to fetch your mail and deliver it to your local MTA
> > which delivers it to your local mail spool.  then have kmail just use
> > that instead of using pop3 itself.  perhaps not the solution your
> > looking for but its far better then using MS Outhouse.
> Why would I need to do that? Is Kmail's support of POP3 buggy
> or something? I've never had problems with it before and it did work
> in this particular installation of Kmail once before it stopped working.

well apparently, since the pop3 server works with other mailers you
know its functioning.  without a transcript of what kmail is saying to
the pop3 server and what the pop3 server is saying back there is
really no way to say what could be wrong.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/