Re: C compiler.

When compiling C/C++ code you must tell the compiler exactly which
libraries you are using.  The first step is with the preprocessor to
include the header files.  The second step is with the linker to tell
it where the functions/classes are actually implemented.

If you really want to use gcc instead of g++ for compiling C++ code
make sure you specify the options -Xc++ and -lstdc++ on the command
line.  The g++ wrapper does this for you.

HTH,
-D